Monday 27 September 2010

Professional profile as an 'ice-breaker'?

Alan made an interesting suggestion that a profile could locate us within our 'field' whereas a CV could be adapted or specified towards a particular role. Should we differentiate between a CV and a profile? Should the two compliment each other and allow for diverging outcomes?

After writing the first draft of my profile, I instantly felt that it was almost too mechanical; lacking passion and personality. I can safely predict that anyone who read both my profile and CV would result in much the same feelings about me. It seems to me that having read other people's profiles, the most engaging seem to be the ones that dissect their lives and provide a comprehensive cross-section in a digestible and intriguing way. Fundamentally, the profile acts as an ice-breaker where the reader should be invited to discover more about the writer. It is interesting to read where other people embarking on the BAPP course hope their lives will lead as well as their previous achievements. In particular, Mark and Nicholas's profiles leave me wanting to find out more about their lives and in particular see them perform! So, shortly I will make a second attempt on my profile!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment